Skip to main content

Featured link for January and coming post

New Years is three days away and you know what that means either resolutions or remorse from too much celebrating over the holidays. People will be spending a ton of money on health club memberships, diet foods, and exercise equipment. I have something for you that's free. All it takes to find out is a mouse click.

If you notice to your right, I have a featured link for January. The link is called "A Day in the Zone." The blog's author, Diamond, pictured to your left, is on a mission to lose weight and is chronicling her efforts and giving tips for losing the needed pounds. This is in the true Zig Ziglar style. Zig has said "You can get what you want if you help enough other people get what they want."

Thanks to Frasypoo for going over there and leaving comments. I urge others to do the same. Also add her to your link list.

Now, in the next couple of days, I plan to announce the Top Bananas of 2007. Last year I almost called them the Golden Bananas and was going to do the same this year until I did a Google search of Golden Banana and found one of the first results was a strip club called the Golden Banana. I immediately scrapped that idea. Come back for the presentation and be prepared to congratulate the winners.

Comments

Michelle said…
I'll check in on her page soon. I plan to quit smoking and try to lose around 25 pounds. Have a safe and Happy New Year!
DubLiMan said…
I love bananas.
You have been TAGGED. This one is fun and easy. http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2007/12/7-weird-things-about-me-tag.html
Pat Jenkins said…
and the weinner is..... this i will look forward to with some nervous anticipation.....

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee...

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil...

I am now unemployed!

I was given notice this morning that I have been laid off from my job. Kathy, understandably, isn't taking this well at all. We need your prayers. This puts a very big exclamation point on two very lousy years.