Skip to main content

A weird quirk I have

Everyday on my way to work I buy a copy of either the Akron Beacon Journal, or the Medina Gazette. When I buy the paper I never take the top copy because I think someone might have messed with it.

Of course, on most days, I only read the funnies. Someone pays me for the papers once a month.

Comments

Pat Jenkins said…
well my friend we share the same quirk. for i will not take the top one either. usually because i think it is going to be in the worse shape though!!! but none the less i shuffle through them too!!!!
I have the same quirk when it comes to buying groceries, and will never buy bread that's out in the open, or eat at buffets. At one HEB in Houston, someone got mad at the store manager and sprinkled feces on the bread.

Oh how smart ... you realized your investment the minute you make it, so breaking even is better than nothing --- and getting the opportunity to enjoy your investment before passing it on --- I would say that's good business savvy! Tell me, do you discount the papers or do the person(s) pay you what you paid for it?
Cliff said…
Actually, what it is, is the person who has the office next to mine appreciates the fact that I bring a paper in and he gives me 5 dollars a month.

I had enough of paper routes when my offspring were growing up. They all delivered a once weekly paper. I got plenty of exercise delivering the paper to help them speed up the process. We did that, all told, for about 8 years.
Diamond said…
LOL..That is too funny!! I do the same thing. I usually go for the one dead smak in the middle.
Cliff said…
Diamond- Thanks for stopping by. I have added you to my link list and will keep up with your adventures in tryinh to lose weight.
Tim Lones said…
I'm in the habit when I am out running errands and need to get a bite to eat, I have to get at least one newspaper to read as I'm eating..Have to be doing something to keep my mind active..Usually the Canton Repository and Akron Beacon Journal and sometimes even the Cleveland Plain Dealer if it's available..As far as getting the top newspaper on a pile, I always thought that people that get the second newspaper off a pile were a bit odd..Its not like there are germs on the top paper or anything..I've been tempted to just touch the top of every paper in a pile so all couldnt escape my germs..lol
Cliff said…
Tim: To all of us who display irrational habits-You're evil(you know I'm just kidding)

Besides I get the paper that have my favorite comic strips.

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee...

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil...

Happy Birthday to...

ME! Today, I am 53.