Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A promise to be busy....

I was transferred to a different program at my job last week, handling consumer service calls for a major toy company. The past week has been spent listening to other communicators handling calls like I will be as early as tomorrow evening, learning about the product, and that company's data base. I figure to be busy in the next month or so.

I find working at a call center to be a real adventure. You find that with some people you talk to, you are the last person they want to have a conversation with. You also have those who like the fact that they are talking to someone in their own country and I have given out plenty of weather reports for Akron, Ohio.

Special Note: In the days following Christmas, I will be writing some special posts. I will not be awarding Top Bananas this year, as I wasn't nearly as busy blogging this year as I was in the past, but there will be plenty of kudos given.

2 comments:

dons_mind said...

i'm guessing here - but i imagine you get your share of rudeness too..and hangups....such is the beast...i'm remember when we did training for sprint call centers..cell customers are some of the rudest folks in the world - used to feel bad for the call center people having to handle that kinda stuff...

Margaret said...

I have to call both patients and insurance reps in my job. I find that most people are civil, and some are actually a joy to talk to. These are the ones that help me get through the calls with difficult people.
Hope you and yours have a great Christmas, Cliff!