Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cliff Health Update

I went to the doctor yesterday and he was pleased with my progress. Redness and swelling was down. I have a followup appointment in a couple of weeks when he will discuss other things, namely my bad cholesterol and blood glucose.

Suffice it to say that this cellulitis has been a wake up call of sorts for me. My daughters have also taken notice of this, as they realize that diabetes runs on both sides of the family.

Hopefully with the use of my blood glucose meter and scale, I can motivate myself enough to stay the course this time.

5 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

Oh, I hope you'll get better and better and better!!! It's good to get yourself checked up every once in a while. :-))))

Syd said...

I'm glad that you are doing better. Take care of yourself.

Brenda said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. You need to keep a box of Cheerios by your desk (like I do). My cholesterol is 179!! I munch on it like candy!!

Have a good day!!!

WZZP said...

I liked it when you would ride your bike around town. You got exercise, and you took some interesting pictures for the blog. Will the helmet still fit with all that hair?

Struke said...

I have a history of diabetes on my Dad's side of the family. It's on my mind a lot. I want to be the first man on my Dad's side of the family to not get it.

Lots of exercise and especially eating right are two big ways to fight it off. Cliff, you can do it. I'm cheering for you, pal.