Friday, October 22, 2010

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice...

...Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice!

Right now, I'm finding myself having to follow the advice given by Dr. Sidney Freedman on two episodes of MASH. I was on the phones for the first time yesterday and I went to break feeling like a very defeated person. But it was just the first time I was on the phones.

After dazzling my team for the first two weeks with my voice, getting on the phones and forgetting what to do was a very humbling experience. But there are people willing to mentor me there, and for that, I am grateful.

Also the radio program for my church "The Power House" has been on the air for two weeks now. The show is on Monday through Friday at 7:30pm and can be heard on line. And as I stated a couple of months ago, I do the intro and outro for the show. The website can be found by following this link.

Today's a day off for me and I have plenty to do during the day, then it's off to the football game tonight, where Rittman is host to Hillsdale. I will be at my familiar post at halftime, behind the mike, announcing for the best marching band in Wayne County.

4 comments:

clean and crazy said...

maybe to some pracitice calls while you are not at work. that is what we do for phoneline oreintation for our hotlines, we do mock calls

Brenda said...

I won't be at ball game tonight, but will definately be at the "Big Show" tomorrow night!!

Margaret said...

Great quote from an old sit-com. My favorite? Chuckles the Clown on Mary Tyler Moore: " A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

Hope you have a good weekend, and Rittman wins!

Michelle said...

I spent today on the phone with a guy in England who laughed and chuckled through what could have been a very stressful phone call (I was filling out 'red tape' forms via phone - yuck).

A nice cheerful personality behind the voice on a phone made my day brighter. Maybe you're already doing that for others out there... who knows? :-)