Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, we have direction

During my lunch break today, I got to writing in one of my spiral notebooks and going through this, and my Whattville blog. I now have a sense of direction for my book.

The title, for now, will be Welcome to Whattville. So far I have picked out about a dozen of my poems, some of which will be edited. I plan on giving some background as I introduce the poems. There may be some of my other posts in the upcoming book also.

I think I had been going about things the wrong way as I was looking at my posts from the beginning, August 26, 2006. Today I looked at yesterday on back. That's the direction I needed.

So soon be on the lookout for Welcome to Whattville, or whatever I decide to call it...

9 comments:

Ben said...

Congratulations on taking a few steps toward creating something new! I find it harder and harder to find the time and inspiration - although you have just bumped the inspiration part up a notch for all of us. Looking forward to whatever's in Whattville!

74WIXYgrad said...

Ben, I think we all inspire each other with our comments. I was also inspired by the encouragement I received by my fellow bloggers in the past couple of weeks.

A few positive comments go a long way.

Margaret said...

I admire you for putting thoughts to paper and sharing them. I would love to be able to do that. The blog is about all I have time and energy for.

Mike Golch said...

Cliff,for a lot of us just doing the blog is good enought for some writers,or I should say that it is good for me.I always enjoy my visits with you.

Pat Jenkins said...

sure to be #1 on amazon!!

Gin said...

I think that is the perfect title!

clean and crazy said...

awesome i love that you are moving forward, this is a great post, i will be looking for the book too

Daisy said...

Good luck to you, Cliff. Keep us posted!

Ms Hen said...

What a cool title!!!! Cool Concept!!