Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Please answer me this

Before I started getting ready for bed this evening, I was watching the first few minutes of America's Got Talent. I was treated to a great performance by a trio called the Texas Tenors. Then as the show was going to commercial, I saw some of the things coming up, which included someone getting $100 bills stapled to his face. And a few weeks ago one of the people featured was someone who ate light bulbs.

Are we reaching the bottom of the talent barrel and have to scrape it to get anyone to showcase?

I then decided that I could better spend my time blogging then studying the inside of my eyelids.

I gotta visit some of y'all. It's your talent that I appreciate.

7 comments:

Ms Hen said...

yucky shows.. stapling.. and light bulb eating.. totally skivvy.

Margaret said...

I guess "talent" must be a relative word. Maybe the contestants went in the wrong door, and were competing on a show called America's Got No Sense.

J. Moses(Tri-State Media Watch Editor) said...

LOL Margaret! Good one...

I sometimes wonder if America has collectively lost our minds watching some of that stuff...and this coming from a media blogger...LOL.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I find this show to be extremely dumb. The dumbing of America!!

Gin said...

I guess they don't set the bar very high these days do they? I might try to get on there and show off my really great pot scrubbing talent!

Pat Jenkins said...

you know though we thought the kid in school who was double jointed was pretty talented didn't we?

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the Texas Tenors also!