Sunday, May 10, 2009

The dog kids love to bite

Cliff Note: This post is brought to you, in part, by Ohio Media Watch. Not only the leader in media news, but also an expert on chili dogs. Depend on Ohio Media Watch as your source for breaking news in the ever changing media world.
I was putting some window blinds up in my son's apartment this afternoon. When I had finished, I had to pick up some grocery items. Closest store was Discount Drug Mart. I picked up what I needed and was looking around to see if I could get any ideas for a light supper when I happened upon some Armour Hot Dogs. They were on sale so I got a pack. I also got some buns, chips, and chili sauce. From the moment I saw those hot dogs I had a sixties flash back and this jingle kept coming into my head:

Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs
What kind of kids eat Armour hot dogs?
Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks
Tough kids, sissy kids
Even kids with chicken pox
Love hot dogs, Armour hot dogs
The dogs kids love to bite.

When men like dogs that's news they say
But when kids like dogs they yell, "HURRAY!"
For hot dogs, Armour hot dogs
The dogs kids love to bite.

Now if you've read this far you either are hungry, or you have this jingle running through your head.

If it's the latter, I have a possible solution. Start singing to yourself, Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner....

10 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Cliff,Great posting.You have an award for you on my site.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I remember that one....I still sing the oscar meyer weiner song and the bologna tune too!!!
Hey, we had pigs in blankets for dinner...I really only use Nathan's dogs though...they are the best. (No song though, sorry)

Jen said...

The weiner the world awaited!!!

I prefer Kahn's myself.

Pat Jenkins said...

i knew a guy who owned a hot dog stand and he sold chicago style hot dogs... the best dog i have every had in my life!!... and i have chomped on a lot weiners!!

Karen said...

Speaking of, that's what we're having tonight for dinner, coney dogs. Oh I married to an Oscar Meyer weiner, that is what he really truly is..... LOL

Shellmo said...

Both songs will be running thru by head. Time for a weinie roast at the cabin!

J. Moses(Tri-State Media Watch Editor) said...

Hahaha...

And don't forget too, if you're in Cincinnati area, hit up Tri-State Media Watch. :)

Syd said...

I like them roasted over a beach fire with chili and beans. Good stuff.

Amias said...

I use to love this commercial ... !

hangeng said...

This season is all about lace. thomas sabo schmuck günstig I am talking about crocheted cotton lace, sabo charms the kind your great grandmother thomas sabo engelsflügel wore. Think of the old doilies she used to angebote thomas sabo make. Lace is on everything these days from clothing, handbags and the rest of the accessories. You will see handbags made out of it or adorned with it. It is made into lightweight thomas sabo flowy scarves. Bangles are big and anhänger thomas sabo covered in lace with matching necklaces and earrings. The thomas sabo kette necklaces have lace beaded into it, thomas sabo 2010 beaded with lacey disk beads thomas sabo online shop or lacey beads themselves. It will not be hard to find a great shirt with lace on the top and accessorize it with matching earrings, thomas sabo halsschmuck necklaces, scarves or handbags. thomas sabo ohrringe Use them tastefully together but don't go overboard. A little of each goes a long way. Handmade is big in this category so don't go looking only at stores; keep those art shows in mind for that unique great find.