Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Promised update

I went to the hospice to see Allen this afternoon. I sat with him for a little over a half hour. He was in a chair asleep. The hospice staff had told me that he was confused today. I left to go home before the evening rush hour traffic was at it's worst. And I was deep in thought as I drove. The thoughts were pretty much centered around "why?"

Allen was the black sheep of the family and we were at odds for awhile. I'm glad that we had made peace in the past few months.

7 comments:

Pigeon said...

I am sorry to hear that your brother is so ill. My thoughts are with you.

Mike Golch said...

Cliff,I am glad that you two found Peace between you.

I know the feeling of being the blach sheep myself.I started a war between my parents and my self back in 1974 that lasted for 4 years before we talked again.

Syd said...

I am also glad that you and Allen have rectified your relationship. It's good to make amends--clears out a lot of stuff.

Shellmo said...

That is so good that you have made peace with your brother. I know this must be hard for you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jen said...

I forgave my dad - but couldn't tell him that 'cause he never did anything wrong (if you know what I mean.) But we talked.
He passed away 7 months later unexpectedly.
God is good and he knows our hearts;His timing is perfect.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Making peace with our loved ones is a gift! Praying for Allen.

Karen said...

((((hugs)))) to you and your brother. You are in our thoughts Cliff as is your whole family.