Friday, October 23, 2009

What Color are Your Glasses?

If someone is hopelessly optimistic, or a pollyanna type, they are described as looking at the world through "rose colored glasses." Nowadays we don't have an overabundance of these people.

Now there are no shortage of another type. They see nothing right with the world and it's always someone else' fault. They can never see much good in most people, and if they do acknowledge any good, "there's always an ulterior motive." These people are the type who brighten up a room by leaving it. These are the type of folks, whom I describe as those "looking at the world through crap colored glasses."

I like to think I wear glasses with a small tint of rose coloring, otherwise clear. Realistically, I've been wearing glasses since I was 11 years old, so they are a little dirty most of the time.

What color glasses do you view the world through?

13 comments:

Syd said...

I think more rosy than not. I tend to be an optimist.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very cute Cliff. I wear a hint of pink also...at least I try to.
Negative people bring us alllll down.
Have a great weekend, Suz

WZZP said...

I am optimistic. Rose colored glasses all the way. I have been wearing glasses since the age of 8. Ha!

Dark Colored Glasses said...

The country is headed into the toilet.

Margaret said...

I'd say I have a hint of rose too. Occasionally I seem to be wiping off other people's negative crap from them, though.

Gin said...

Currently...fire-engine red for anger. You know why, ha, ha! :-)

Rittman.Indian.Band.Geek said...

YaY are band revue is tonight i was kinda worried that they werent gonna have it cuz of the weather ive had a rough week and this just might cheer me up =) iam tapeing the whole show and it will be up on youtube soon... see ya tonight! iam a little sad this is the last week i'll get too see our band cuz i never get too go too the' away games =( rittman rocked when they played mamma mia and i laughed how you annouced it, mamma mia is 1 of my favorite songs!!! cant wait too see new london tonight! there is a video on youtube from edison's band show this year, its really good you should check it out sometime its not on my page though.. last nights performance is on my youtube page now!

your pal
matthew

Amias said...

I have several colors, rose is among them --- however, these days I find it very comforting when I take my blinders off!

Pat Jenkins said...

i am blind!!!

J. Moses(Tri-State Media Watch Editor) said...

I prefer to be an optimist. Just my opinion.

Ms Hen said...

When you look for the positive you will find it even in the worse situations.. and more good will come and more and more..

Mike Golch said...

I'm a the glass is half full guy kind of guy.

Ben said...

I guess I am in the "touch of rose" camp. On a day like today, I just want clear glasses to see the wonderful fall foliage against blue sky!