Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moving Right Along....

I have enjoyed the comments from the last post and I wish to further the dialogue along those lines.

Even being unemployed, I don't find myself watching a ton of television. In my mind, the only thing that has improved about it are the sets themselves.

I also know that as people, we all have different tastes in what we prefer to watch. I would rather watch shows from the 60's and 70's over most of what's being presented today.

Some of my favorites are Andy Griffith, Happy Days, Welcome Back Kotter, All in the Family, and MASH. I can sit and watch several hours of a show like Sanford and Son, and not get bored and have quite a few laughs. I also like to watch crimes solved within 30 minutes by Joe Friday on Dragnet. If all those shows are too old for you, how about checking out the gang at Cheers? That was a very good ensemble show.

I shouldn't get Struke started by mentioning the news, but too many news outlets have watered down the product and made it seemingly necessary for news producers to think they have to entertain instead of perform.

6 comments:

Struke said...

I wish some station or cable channel would re-run the Mike Hammer series starring Stacy Keach. I loved that show.

Struke said...

And yes, Cliff, the news has gotten bad. Too much celebrity gossip and other crap. I'm still trying to figure out why the death of Nancy Kerrigan's dad made the news.

Margaret said...

I like all of the shows you mentioned. I like to watch old re-runs on the internet while I'm knitting.

Also like- Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, Carol Burnett, I Love Lucy, and don't forget Hawaii Five-O. Book 'em, Danno!

Ben said...

I just took a book out of the library called "the 101 Best Sitcoms" or something like that. I had forgotten some of the old greats. Once I have a chance to look over the book, I may have to make s post on the topic myself.

Syd said...

I agree Cliff. I wonder at some of the news shows--it seems like news has lost a lot of credibility when it has entertainers stretching the truth. It's more like watching wrestling.

wzzp said...

Opportunity knocks once let's reach out and grab it (yeah!),
Together we'll nab it,
We'll hitchhike, bus or yellow cab it!