Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And now, some traveling music

Just glad I could have a pleasant ride to work this morning. Instead of listening to the radio, I put in some cassette tapes(remember those?) of some inspirational music. I got some good music from Goodwill. I need a new tape case. I'm somewhat diverse in my current musical tastes. Some days I will be listening to Rod Stewart or Billy Joel, others it may be the Oak Ridge Boys and Statler Brothers. Past couple of days it has been Gaither Homecoming, Promise Keepers, Mast Brothers and Down East Boys. You can't beat those deals. I pay no more than 50 cents per tape. Most of the time this helps me on my ride home.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

One of my favorite CD's is The Gaither Vocal Band & Eddie Haase and the Signature Sound. It always puts me in a good mood!! I will send you some tracks!!

clean and crazy said...

billy joel is one of my all time favorites, always puts me in a good mood.

Mike Golch said...

Ah Yes cassett tapes,I know them well and will miss listening to the in our car that has a radio and only has a cd player,not a cassetteplayer.

Ms Hen said...

I am a bargain hunter too.....spent 50 cents the other month to make my own orange juice..

And I found some great pictures years ago that hang in my living room.. for FREE on garbage night. Someone else trash is someone treasure.

way to go with the music.. music is good for the soul.

Pat Jenkins said...

oh wixy you have discovered the way i too pick up music on the cheap... good ole goodwill... enjoy my friend!!