Thursday, August 13, 2009

As promised: For your viewing and listening pleasure....

As we get closer to the 2009 debut of the Rittman Marching Band, let me share with you the first of a two parter. The is from the New London Band show where I messed up on two successive intros. The band was at their usual flawless best.

The next week when I arrived at the Smithville game, band director Ed Sims first handed me a "script" full of tongue twisters. then after he and majorette advisor, Becky Cline had a good laugh, I was handed the correct script.

Enjoy the first part of this show. This is where I made my mistakes.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounded OK to me, but what do I know. And yes, the band sounded great! You have a good voice for that job.

74WIXYgrad said...

Second and third introductions were I made my goof ups. First one was Les Miserables, which I had handled miserably. The next intro, I just tripped all over my tongue.

The next post will be the last part of this show. All last season I ended my announcements by saying "I'm Cliff Feightner, and I read these announcements." this show I ended it with "and sometimes correctly."

AirmanMom said...

I can feel the excitement!
~AM

dons_mind said...

we like marching bands! my wife (sue) was a band member in high school - she says thanks for the memories :)

Margaret said...

OK, I listened again through the whole thing, and I heard what you're talking about. But I wouldn't call them "miserablah" mistakes! ;)

Daisy said...

You're too critical of yourself, Cliff. You did fine. It is good to keep your sense of humor about such things though. :)

74WIXYgrad said...

I used to tell the students that if they mess up, they will be the only ones to remember tomorrow. Now thanks to YouTube, that may no longer be the case;=)

I try to keep my performance flawless in order to keep the attention on the band. They deserve all the glory on Friday and Saturday evenings as they work much harder than at what they do than. One thing I appreciate about Rittman band director Ed Sims is that it's all about the students. Most of the time the only adult associated with the band who's name appears in the script is me and that is at the conclusion of the Rittman band show in October. If it didn't appear then, that would be fine with me.