Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Some notes....

The company I interviewed for last week passed up on one of the best candidates, as they informed me that I did not get the job. This means something better is waiting for me elsewhere. Furthermore, I'm not feeling sorry for myself yet.

We are still down to one car, as the WIXYmobile is getting some major transmission work. I should have it back by the end of the week.

About the Kmart liquidation: Kmart does not control the prices at the stores which are having the going out of business sales. There is a liquidation company which controls the pricing. My daughter had informed me of that and the local Fox affiliate ran a story on their news last night confirming that.

Catch me here in the next couple of days, as I tell about my latest treasure from Goodwill.

7 comments:

Syd said...

Yes, there will be a better job that is all part of a bigger plan.

dons_mind said...

sorry to hear that cliff - - their loss most certainly. leaves you open for the best opportunity coming your way!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Better things are in your future.
I love goodwill!!!!

Leesa said...

I always believe that if something doesn't work out.. it's for the better... It's very consoling and makes more sense to take this philosophy than to get angree/upset/disappointed...
Sorry you didn't get the job you interviewed for but I am sure that something better is waiting in the wings...
Cheers,
Leese

Word verification for this comment is BLESS!! That's a sign!!

Jen said...

Good luck Cliff.
Have you look into one of those Census jobs?

Jessica said...

Oh do tell about your goodwill treasures. I am a thrift store junkie! Every time we go through a new town I beg my husband to stop at the thrift shops. Some of my favorite days are spent rummaging through store after store. I really believe it's the thrill of the hunt!

Tracey Axnick said...

Hey Cliff - this time last year I was in your same shoes... my business had crashed.... I'd had no income for months and months and months.... and felt like I was in the "desert" as far as looking for jobs went. But I found a good job, and you will too! I know it! Hang tough, and this "chapter" in your life will be closed before you know it... good things lie ahead!