Skip to main content

Special notice- Serious tone awhile


This morning I went over to the mobile display of the Vietnam War Memorial in nearby Wadsworth, Ohio. I will take the next few days to get together some rather serious posts. So take the next few days when you come here to reflect on a time in United States history that tore the country apart. Just the thoughts of this were somber for me as I looked at the wall, the tributes and talked to one of the veterans. I also got information on one whom I knew via one of my older cousins. I will put in some of my editorial comments, but I will shoot from the heart. No flippant comments and my usual characteristics will be on hold for the next few days.

I figure there will be some google searches that will bring people here and out of respect I want to treat this with the same tone as I experienced this morning as I visited this display.

Comments

Melanie said…
I look forward to reading your posts!
Chelle said…
I visited this traveling "wall" back in the fall when it came to our town. Actually, we were part of a motorcycle escort for the wall from nashville to Dickson. Very emotional but made me very proud. My uncle was killed in Vietnam at the age of 20. My family and I are very devoted to supporting our military. Thanks for posting about this.
Liquid said…
This is awesome.
Emma said…
We also went to see it. As a veteran and his wife it was very emotional for us. I will be posting pictures and insights on my blog School is in Session.

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee...

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil...

Happy Birthday to...

ME! Today, I am 53.