Thursday, July 17, 2008

Over sleeping breakfast tip

I overslept again this morning. But out of fairness, I was at my daughter's house, watching the grandchildren last night and didn't get home until 10:00. When you get up at 3:00am, that makes for a very short night.

So it was a very quick run around. Needed a quick breakfast so I looked in the fridge and saw the perfect breakfast food to eat on the run-cold pizza. For those unaware, pizza contains four of the major food groups-grain, dairy, vegetables, and meat. Rule of thumb is eat pizza hot any other time, but for breakfast you have to eat pizza cold.

I had my coffee during my drive in, but also had a Coke Zero, so that took care of the fifth major group, caffeine.

This has been the WIXY's Gone Bananas guide to breakfast on the run.

7 comments:

cathouse teri said...

Three a.m.???? Ugh!
I should think this gets you home QUITE early in the day, eh?

I never eat pizza cold. Unless I'm starving and there is no way of heating it.

dons_mind said...

time with the grandkids is always well-spent time!

love that cold pizza and a coke....perfect breakfast.....

Pat Jenkins said...

the boss can afford to be late!!! and despite the rush you still stay healthy!!!... are you using those coke points by the way wixy?

WZZP said...

I had grapes for breakfast. They were a $1.29 a pound at Rego's last week. They were awesome!

I think you should start receiving money for all the advertising you do for Rego's!

Jen said...

3 am; sounds like midnight snack time.

Daisy said...

When I was in college, we had those little mini fridges in the dorms. Whenever we had leftover pizza in the evening, we'd keep it in our little mini fridge overnight and eat it the next morning for breakfast. You're right, Cliff, for breakfast is the only time to eat it cold.

Monday through Sunday said...

3 am.....I cannot even think of breakfast at 7am much less earlier!