Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Okay, so it worked


This past October I went to the doctor and got a flu shot, as recommended by my primary care physician. I am now here to say that it worked. I was off work today because I have the flu. Of course compared to everything else that has been happening, I'd say this was minor.

I did have to go over to Evil Big Box Store #2966 to get some items. After I left there I went to take some pictures of this mailbox, that I've seen for years, but not really noticed until I made the acquaintance of Liquid. I took it with her in mind. I just don't have her eye for being able to find beauty in junk. If I did, I'd be taking pictures of the WIXYmobile everyday.

To me this picture says, "Honey throw a load in the washer, and while you're out there, check the mail."

10 comments:

wzzp said...

This would violate our Homeowner's Association by-laws. As president, it is my responsibility to enforce the by-laws. This four sure would get a letter of reprimand.

Do you know where I can get one?

Remember your offer for parking your car in front of a certain person's house on my street? I might take you up on that offer sooner than you think.

I am still contemplating putting a toilet on my "devil strip" full of blooming flowers.

74WIXYgrad said...

We will discuss this tomorrow night, over some very delicious chicken.

74WIXYgrad said...

Oh, and the WIXYmobile is for hire at the right price.

Chelle said...

Maybe you could add a sink and stove(and don't forget the couch and the TV/remote) and just live right there at the mailbox....
Thanks for bringing a smile to my otherwise stressful day!
I knew I could count on you WIXY!

kasper794 said...

I love the photo! Feel better soon.

struke said...

There's got to be a Jeff Foxworthy joke somewhere that goes along with that picture.

I'm looking forward to the chicken!

yekimi said...

Wonder if the mailman feels like he's all washed up after dropping off their mail......

74WIXYgrad said...

The mail carrier may feel like they've been through the wringer.

Monday through Sunday said...

Fun photo..lol

Amias said...

This is beautiful Cliff .. as I do see the beauty in this photo. There was a time when I was young I would have did anything to have a washing machine like this one, as we washed clothes in iron pots!