Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve loose ends

Belated thank you's go to RichinMedina, CollegeDJ86, and David5258, for all their kind comments since I launched this blog in August. In short, everybody who stopped by, left a comment here or elsewhere have helped me make this blog what it is.

Family notes: My in-laws made it to Florida safely on Friday. Thanks for all your prayers. WIXYjr left to go back to college yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to take a week's vacation within the next month. What would I have planned? Anything that doesn't involve driving 46 miles to work.

Television Note: As I write this the television has GSN on. The show playing is The 100 thousand dollar Pyramid. Bonus prize in the lucky sevens was a VCR. My how times have changed.

Do I have any New Years resolutions? Nope. I just want to be a better person and maybe a lighter person at this time next year. I do have to go to the doctor's sometime in the forseeable future and he probably will tell me I can eat anything I want. Then he will give me a list of things I will want.

Finally: If you drink tonight, don't drive. I will have too many sober friends on the roads tonight.

2 comments:

RIPJoelRose/WZZP said...

Happy New Year...I really don't like New Years (not my favorite holiday!)

If it makes you feel any better I drive 56 miles round trip a day for work. Which I have to be back in on Wednesday.

Wish you and your family the best!

Church went long today.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I got a mention in your blog... I don't know what I did to merit it, but thanks...

I've maybe said it before, but I've enjoyed reading your input among others' at sites like Radio-Info and RadioInsight. Despite the scary low-pay and low-security job stories, the industry still intrigues me. Reading all of those perspectives really fueled my interest.

Your blog is also neat though because you share a lot of personal thoughts and other cool tidbits. So keep it up as long as you want to write it.

Even though I'm nearly the same age as WIXYjr, I would probably like to meet you sometime, at least while I still am rooted in Wadsworth and going to school at Grove City College in PA. In the meantime, happy new year!

~collegedj86