Saturday, June 13, 2009

Laptop fixed and other notes

Bad thing about a laptop is when the keyboard is messed up, you have to get that repaired. With a desktop you replace the keyboard. Even a simple repair of a laptop keyboard is more expensive than replacing one for a desktop. My 53 year old eyes couldn't see to put the parts back together. But sixteen dollars wasn't that bad.

This evening at 7:30, Diane Vogel Ferri will be reading poetry from her Liquid Rubies chapbook at the following location:
Visible Voice bookstore
1023 Kenilworth
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
216-961-0084

Kathy and I are looking forward to this event and also looking forward to meeting a fellow blogger who also is in the same profession as our daughter, a special education teacher.

And at this point the WIXYmobile is still sitting in my company's parking lot in Cleveland. I hope to have it back up and running pretty quickly.

A d if you've been following my Sunday Musings, tomorrow's will be about mission statements.

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope your upcoming week will be better and easier on your finances. Enjoy your reading.
Suz

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Cliff, It was great to meet you and Kathy last night. I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more. I didn't see you leave and was hoping to chat a little more - but we always have our blogs to do that too. I really appreciate your support and coming all that way to hear me last night. Looking forward to sharing more in the future. Diane

Awake In Rochester said...

Sorry I haven't popped in latly. I still haven't paid my bill, so have to use the library computer. I don't have as much time on it.

I'm thinking of getting a laptop next time. My computer fills my small kitchen table. I haven't been able to eat on it in years. lol

74WIXYgrad said...

Awake: Thanks for checking in. Hopefully things will ease up fotr you real soon.

Diane, it was a real pleasure meeting you. We left right after the lady who had the "unique" poems was done. I hope to have a post up about the evening, complete with the photo I took of you about Tuesday.