Skip to main content

Dick Goddard AMS Seal #45

Jen of Unglazed fame stated that Cleveland needed meteorologists. We have Dick Goddard, who was the first in Cleveland television history. Click here to read an excellent post written by my friend Tim Lones, of Cleveland Classic Media fame.

Dick Goddard is also a fan of high school marching bands and I have shared the pressbox with him several times at band shows. Here is a photo of the two of us at a band show in October, 2007.

Now that I got my bragging in, go visit Tim.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bowling for Dollars!!!
Anonymous said…
I can't believe how tiny of a guy Dick Goddard is. Besides that, he's a very nice guy who I admire because he cares for animals.
Dorothy said…
Good Morning Cliff,
I came over from Jen's blog to visit you. This is an interesting blog and I will be back to read some more. I was curious about your poetry. Do you have any of it posted? Have a good day!
Anonymous said…
Man WIXY, your hair is short in that picture!!!
Frasypoo said…
Will go and say hello
How have you been ?
Jen said…
You have inside connections! Should have known. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee...

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil...

Happy Birthday to...

ME! Today, I am 53.