Skip to main content

Okay, so I messed up

Now it's time to man up.

Yesterday I posted about a contest WMJI/105.7 was having today. An anonomyous commenter informed me that the contest is limited to those who are in the stations survey area. That also would mean that I would be ineligible as I live outside the survey area by TWO MILES. Oh well....

I did see the Eagles in concert in 1975 at the Richfield Coliseum. I keep forgetting about that because it was the worst date I was ever on. It turned out to be a double date and the other three on the date with me suffered from terminal snobbery. Only satisfaction I had was that my two toned(green and rust) 1968 Mustang was sitting in her driveway driving down property values.

Comments

Unknown said…
EXCUSE ME THERE WERE NO OTHER DATES BEFORE ME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
coltfan said…
man cliff you look like jerry garcia. good post
david mcmahon said…
1. Where's that Mustang now?

2. Great description of two-tone!
Cliff said…
David: Seeing this was in 1975, and three months after that fateful day I rear ended a jeep with the car. Then in the process of putting the car back together, I noticed the frame was corroded worse than the body. December of that year I traded that classic in on another classic-An AMC Gremlin.

I figure the dealership sent my 'stang to the nearest compactor.
Frasypoo said…
The Eagles are in concert in Ohio?Maybe an excuse for me to come !

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee...

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil...

Happy Birthday to...

ME! Today, I am 53.