Skip to main content

Next up: Medina Band Show

I stand corrected. I Had previously posted that the next "From the Pressbox" would be after tonight's game. Seeing that tonight's game is an away game, the band will not be performing tonight.

But the good news is that tomorrow night your Rittman Indians Marching Band will be performong at the 11th annual Medina Band show. Other bands performing will be Medina(of course), Columbia Raiders, Brookside Cardinals, Field, Midview, Barberton(bring an umbrella if you remember what has happened other times we have been scheduled to appear with them. If not, click here) Highland(my alma mater), and Riverside.

The entertainment starts at 7:00pm at Ken Duke Stadium in tropical Medina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee...

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil...

Happy Birthday to...

ME! Today, I am 53.