Skip to main content

Short week short cuts

Labor Day has passed so please put away the white shoes and lower the gasoline prices. Price of gas jumped 20 cents a gallon last week. Went down .05 and then up another 10 cents. Give me a break. I drive 46 miles one way to work.

The blog, Media Matters is updated again. Two new and insightful posts have written in the past week. Feel free to comment, let the students know how you feel about the issues this dedicated instructor has brought to light. The students aspire to become the media of tomorrow. Help them out by telling them how you feel.

Remember my wife, Kathy tomorrow, as she goes in for arthoscopic knee surgery. If you are one of my several prayer warrior friends, this occurs at 9:00am(EDT). We're hoping that this will be the extent of what she needs for now. St. Thomas Hospital in Akron, where the procedure is being done, is an excellent facility.

This weekend, the Rittman Indians Marching Band will be performing at the St. Vincent-St. Mary band festival. Try as I may, I have no idea who else is going to be there. Besides St.V-St.M, of course. So downtown Akron will get a taste of the loudest announcer in Northeast Ohio(tm).

Remember, school is back in session. Drive carefully.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope things went well. Been praying for all of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee...

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil...

Happy Birthday to...

ME! Today, I am 53.