Skip to main content

ONE YEAR OF BLOGGING:My Family

One year ago today I started posting my thoughts for all to see. To be honest, I didn't think I'd make it one month let alone one year. I've been amazed at all all the encouragement I have gotten since the first week. I just started posting about the things that I know about. |One of my frequent topics has been my family. My readers have gotten to meet my wife, son, daughters, sons-in-law, father-in-law, and mother-in-law.

I've posted about one birth, one wedding, and WIXYjr going to college.


Now it's time to once again meet my family.




Holding the youngest grandchild is my wife, Kathy, known also here as Mrs74WIXYgrad. Our other grandson is sitting to her left.

In the left hand side of the photo is our daughter, Martha. Sitting next to her is our granddaughter. Martha has occasionally posted in the comment section as WIXY jrette the 1st.






Next we have our daughter Sylva, who had taken photos for the blog in the early days, standing next to her husband of a little more than two months, Eddie.






Our son, Adam is pictured to your left. Probably the one I've written about the most. Known here as WIXYjr.







Our other son-in-law, Kevin is in this picture on your far right. At the left is Don Foutty, one of the owners of the Rittman IGA, a business I've written a fair amount of posts about.








Rounding out the family post are my in-laws, Eddie and Ella Jean Bowyer. As everyone can see, Eddie is doing fine since his stroke last November.






And me, you can see my photo at the upper right hand corner of the blog. And if you have read the blog the past week you know what my name is.

Comments

Pilgrim said…
You have a beautiful family Cliff. Congratulations on your first year of blogging. I've only been on board a few weeks but it's been an enjoyable read.
Liquid said…
Happy Anniversary Cliff on your first year of blogging!
Your family is so precious and I look forward to seeing more of them as the years roll by!
Have a super day today!
Anonymous said…
Love the blog. Been reading it since the beginning. I have told you many times how much it inspires many of us on a daily basis. I am thrilled to see it has brought others in contact with each other. You have shared the world with us all. Bless you Cliff! And bless that family of yours. Keep on writing, keep on posting!

Do me a favor, you haven't written a fried chicken blog for some time. You know how much I enjoy the chicken!

All the best...WZZP (formerly RIPJoelRose)
Cliff said…
Long weekend coming up. I might have to go to the old stomping grounds and try some of that Rego's chicken you rave about.

Or I might go to Liquid's place for some southern fried chicken-naw they're cattle ranchers.
Liquid said…
Hey, the west wasn't won on white meat! lol

Popular posts from this blog

Post 800: Time to chat

Hi Guys, It's hard to believe that this is post number 800 for this blog. I started this blog out of my desire to communicate. Since radio and television is becoming more and more automated and less and less personal, I'm glad I made the decision to go in this direction as it has given me many blessings. When I first decided to write my musings, a friend from the radio and television boards who goes by the name of newsnomore, told me not to be discouraged if I didn't get any readers. The fact that I did in the early going made me surprised and grateful that anyone was enjoying what I wrote. I've had people tell me that maybe it wasn't meant for me to ever be in radio, that maybe my calling was blogging. Nowadays I think blogging makes for better two way conversation than terrestrial radio, especially the way I do it, non confrontational. The closest I come from any confrontation is the innocent digs that Pat and I shoot at each other. On an average day I get betwee

Lawson's Chip Dip

On a couple of occasions I have written posts dedicated to Lawson's, a convenience store chain that was located in Ohio for close to 50 years. In the late 1980's the chain was bought out by Dairy Mart, of Engfield Ct. Dairy Mart was then purchased by Alimentation Couche-Tard, and most stored were rebranded Circle K. Something that has survived the years since Lawson's has left the landscape is Lawson's Chip Dip. I get many hits on this blog from people out of Ohio, I'm thinking former Buckeyes, looking for availability of this chip dip. I had gotten an email from a former resident of Cleveland looking for it. I emailed Circle K about this sometime ago asking if it was possible to send the dip out to those out of state, they said because of quality issues that it was not possible. My only suggestion would be to get in touch with Circle K in your home area and ask them to start stocking this very popular item that seems to make every get-together complete. Now we wil

Sometimes Sports are Just Sports

 This may or may not make the final cut of my book. I was writing about some events this weekend and what had started as a joyous Friday night at my home school district became a weekend of heartbreak in the area after what happened at another school. Sometimes We Need to Realize That Sports are Just Games   Friday nights in late summer and early fall are sometimes a big deal for high school students and their families. As the long-time band announcer for my local high school, it is a time of year I always look forward to. This past Friday night was originally supposed to be the homecoming game for the local high school. The schedule had to be changed a bit because of the uncertainty of the opponents being able to field a team. There was talk around the league that they may have had to forfeit this game, so homecoming for the local school was rescheduled. The opponents, which are rivals of my local school district, were able to field a team and the game was played. The game was