Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The first traffic vent of the season

As all know, I live in Northeast Ohio and I drive over 40 miles to and from work.

Well today, the drive home was somewhat dicey. I had to drive I-71 instead of the usual I-77 this afternoon. I got on I-490 and proceeded to get behind this very slow Cavalier(the last time I saw a Cavalier move that slow was when Mel Turpin was at the Coliseum) and when I finally got around, I saw a very scared driver white knuckling the steering wheel, hanging on for dear life.

I get around the Cavalier and about a half mile later I'm in the flow of traffic. The flow is about 15 MPH. It continued that way until after I passed the airport. Then it increased to about 30MPH. I didn't get up to speed until I got into Medina County. It took me about 1-1/2 hours to go the distance it usually takes me 45 minutes to drive. This could be my second favorite thing to do. The first would be getting stuck in a crowded elevator at a chili festival.

Oh, and I have a new sponsor. This traffic report is brought to you by the Ajax Bakery where there are many specials for the regular customers and prune danishes for those who aren't.

12 comments:

coltfan said...

I hate winter myelf , Did you the pics of my car from the ice storm we had a few weeks back .

Amias said...

Oh my goodness, living in Houston, I know just how that feel ... I hate being stuck in traffic.

Serena said...

I hate traffic. I especially hate traffic that's going nowhere at a very low rate of speed.

Margaret said...

That last paragraph made my day. Thanks for the laugh after a bad day at work.

Ms Hen said...

Thanks Cliff...........you are making me laugh out loud about the chili and elevator scenario........LOL..

I have to stop laughing out loud my son thinks I'm acting NUTTY.

SandyCarlson said...

I hope only the commute was a tad irregular!

HappyWifeHappyLife said...

LOL - love the "chili/elevator" comment! :-)

My husband is convinced there is a "secret society of slow drivers" that are out to get him, esp when we travel on 2 lane roads. He thinks it's an elaborate conspiracy. :)

Michelle Dawn said...

I suffer from road rage at times. Around here you can't hardly go anywhere without getting railroaded.

Pigeon said...

We are having a trying weather week here in northern Ohio, arn't we?

Pat Jenkins said...

i was in that cavalier!!... yours truly mel tarpin!

clean and crazy said...

Wow there were a lot of numbers for your highways. I remember being on I-5 trying to get to my Dad's appointment and this was at noon in LA. What should have taken all of 15 minutes was an hour and a half, I prefer no traffic so I don't live there any more, and I love the snow, I just don't drive in it, i enjoy it more that way.

struke said...

I love the Dinnerbell Mel Turpin reference. Excellent!